Re: [VAC] Commodore -Neil Vanderbuilt

Toby,  I think the Commodore Vanderbuilt model was made in 1955, as a 30
ft model.  I also think that Neil Vanderbilt was the great great
grandson, of Cornelius Vanderbilt , born in 1794.

Wally's Gold anodized Airstream was taken on the 1959 Capetown to Cairo
Caravan, so it was probably built in 1958 specially for him to take to
Africa.  I think it was a 24 footer.  I have also heard that his "gold"
coach was used as the "Treasury", all the way across Africa.  Maybe
someone that has read the book will chime in with the facts.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi, VAC & WBCCI #3221
1VP & Membership Chairman , WDCU
http://www.servintfree.net/wbcci-dc/