[VAC] Replacing Carefree Awning

Hello All,
After looking at a lot of awings and checking prices we've decided to
replace our Carefree one with another. One reason is we have good hardware
and another is we like the solid color blue  we can get from Carefree.  It's
the Excella Blue. (I hope the medium color blue they have on their web page
is the same as what we've seen on some Excella's)

Has anyone replaced one of these themselves?  Should we take it to an
authorized dealer?  I feel like we could do it since we are the do-it-
yourself types, but if there's a trick we'll just take it in.  Sometimes we
get in over our heads.

Also, our A/S is a 73'.  They don't sell replacement hardware, in case we
run into trouble.  I guess worse case scenario, we'd just have to buy the
hardware.

Oh, when I first started looking I used Carefree Awing as search word.  I
found a place in Florida (Scottie's Canvas) I called them and expected
someone to help me and I spoke to two different people two different times..
They were no help!  Almost rude!  I had many questions and they could have
cared less.  I finally called the factory and a guy there gave me the name
of a dealer closer to us, which I will use. These days you just can't get
anyone to help you.  I must say it restores my faith in the human race just
to read what you guys write.  You are really a great group of people and we
have learned a great deal from you!

Many Thanks!
DSK in TEXAS