Re: [VAC] refurbishing 1976 AS 31'

Don, there is another reason for an AC unit not to cool well. I haven't seen
it mentioned here so I will. If there is too much freon in the unit the
freon can't expand when it goes past the expansion valve. I have seen this
on central units where the "service man" just had no clue what he was doing.
Check your unit for after market service valves on the lines, if there are
valves added this just could be the problem. This problem can be identified
using pressure readings and thermometers on the freon lines, but someone has
to know what they are doing to interpret the readings this is not magic but
there is a standard temperature-pressure readings published in service
books.

Phil Piper