Re: [VAC] Ammonia cycle refrigerators.

 This has been my experience too, with '66 Dometic.  I read somewhere that
rust buildup in the chimney (or whatever you call the baffled steel tube that
the burner flame feeds up into) causes problems.  Several years ago, mine was
losing its cool, so I managed to get something up there, forget exactly, but
something like a big pipe cleaner, to knock the rust loose.  Then blew dust
out with compressed air.  Have to be careful to cover the burner though, as
the tiny hole can get bits of rust in it.  Anyway, that made the refrig much
better...completely acceptable.  Adjusted the flame at the time too...it's
important to get just the right amount of flame...described in the manual as
a "buzzing" sound.

John
jixix@aol.com