Re: [VAC] spare tire spot

I had a welder attach  a piece of metal the same diminesion as the
existing bumber and trimmed at each end  so it fit into the channel of
the frame members, at each end,  to which the existing bumber was welded.
 This piece was welded to  the  top and bottom of the bumper   and at
each end where it met the frame.  My bumber was on about a 3 inch U
shaped channel steel  and the frame extending out from under trailer was
the same size.  Lastly I added about a 1 ft piece of the same channel,
horizontally,  on top of the reinforced bumber to give enough width/depth
for the  U bolts that came with the tire holder to have proper   spacing
on bumper.

Roy Lashway
'78 Argosy,'56 Bubble
rlashway@zianet.com