Re: [VAC] Ready to pull the body ??? LONG

Hi Jeff,  my '57 Overlander is undergoing a similar restoration.  My front
end has a brown fiberglass cap on the inside which I have not removed yet.

My fiberglass cap is about 1/8 in thick.  It has holes in it where light
fixtures were and a few cracks from antenna installations that were done
without respect for the brittle nature of the fiberglas.  Having handled
everything else (and I now have the rear end jacked up for the welder to add
chassis repair) I would second the previous recommendation to leave the cap
in place until after you've re-set the shell on the new floor.

Sounds like you've got the time and the money for your project.....lucky
you.....I'm running short on the money end :-(   I've been updating my
websites so you can see what I've got in progress.

Jay L. Griffin [a.k.a. Jrnymn "Journeyman"]
jrnymn@dave-world.net
http://homepage.dave-world.net/~jrnymn/jrnyindex.htm
http://homepage.davesworld.net/~jrnymn/jrnywebarchive.htm
  /          [ ]    )   Ayrstream Overlander '57 26'