Re: [VAC] Sticker Removal

Toby:

MEK is an ingredient listed as #1 on my can of Lacquer Thinner (from the
hardware store, Eagle/Lowes).  It is a solvent, as you found, related to
Acetone (nail polish remover).  Keytone is a "hotter" solvent than
Acetone, and therefore must be handled with more care...I found this out
when I tried to clean mostly dried oil paint from a vinyl floor, and
melted the vinyl!  Hence the "hotter" nature of the solvent.
Bottom line:  Ketone is a great solvent, and won't hurt the aluminum,
but what about the plasticoat?  I'd try it on a hidden spot first.

Judy
72 27 International Ambassador