[VAC] Tambour Doors

If you have ever tried to repair the Tambour doors or try to get them to slide a little better you know how frustrating it can be. In most cases what has happened over time is that the Tambour material has just worn out and separated and there is very little that can be done to repair it. I recently found a source for Tambour stock that I believe provides a very good match to the Tambour doors in the mid 70's trailers such as my 76. Although all of the overhead compartment Tambour doors were in very good condition, the cabinet doors under the sink and next to the fridge and under the TV table were pretty bad and did not slide in the tracks very well. Winona Manufacturing, Inc. has a wood grain vinyl that should work perfect. The stock numbers are 264 and 231EF This material is on 1/2" centers where the slats bend and 5/32" thick and has 60 degree groves and is recommended by them for RV and Marine vehicles. The stock come in a 48" X 96" sheet and they quoted me 1pc at $64.08 plus shipping.

Their web site is www.winonamanufacturing.comI

The sales rep I have spoke to is , Judy Lycke at (800)-Tambour ext 120 and her e-mail is j.lycke@winonamanufacturing.com.

Hope this may be of help.

Don Hardman