[VAC] Thanks to Bill Scot

Bill,
Thank you so much about the tip on paint stripper! I worked on the door
today. Painted it with stripper and We La, just wiped off the clear coat.
Just like that!  The door is so shiny it looks like a mirror.  It looks just
beautiful.  Everyone was amazed!  Now it looks like I'm going to be very
busy, and that's OK because I know the trick.  I used the pre-polish and
followed up with the metal polish (Rolite). I did like you said about
letting the pads continue to soak up the black stuff.  They did, but I went
thru 3 pads just on the door.  Oh well, it's all I could do in one day
anyway.  Oh, by the way, Simple Green works great washing up the pads! I
have a bucket and the pads fit into it and I wash them out good.  Spin dry
and in the Texas hot sun, dry in about 20 minutes.  My door is just
beautiful.  I'm so proud!  My husband was amazed.
Thanks again for the tip about the paint stripper.  You've made me happy.
DSK in TEXAS

PS.  About my water pump.  We used all our water from the water tank and now
the pump doesn't work.  Do you have to prime the pump and how do you do
that?  We filled up with water and pump won't pump the water.  Either it's
broke (it does run) or there's something we must do to prime it. (???) We
also can't get the water drained out of tank either.  I did stick a coat
hanger up in valve and nothing seemed to be up there. We have a copper drain
line out the bottom and a plastic one which is when you drain the lines for
winterizing. A little water will come thru the plastic one when you drain
lines.  But the copper on, nothing.  It goes up through pan about 6-7 inches
then there's a 90 degree turn and then there's the drain valve you can see.
I'll try sticking a wire that will bend around the 90 degree curve.  Maybe
it's up a little further.