RE: [VAC] Polishing---Basics

I'm sure you have seen the sign posted somewhere that questions are handled,
"Ask my teenager while he still knows everything."  In defense of us
rookies, however, ... well, you know, enthusiasm of youth, the new toy
effect, plus naturally WANTING to believe there's an easy way out.  I have
come in on the middle of many polishing discussions and not having done it
myself, a lot of it is greek to me. Plus there isn't even agreement among
the folks you mentioned (I think) about what "works" best, besides lots of
time, making a big mess, and in the end being very proud of the result.  I'm
sure there's a lengthy section on polishing methods in Tom's archive, but
does everyone get informed about the archive when they sign up?  Anyway I'm
sure it's not out of lack of appreciation for the wiser, more experienced,
greyer? heads in the crowd.  After all why would anyone deal with the great
volume of mail that's generated on this list if they didn't appreciate the
experience of others?  I for one have so much respect for the wisdom of
others that I probably will NEVER attempt to polish mine!  Not for a good
long while, anyway.

--Sarah