Re: [VAC] Reading Lights

I've not been into one of the reading lights. But I'd look at sliding
some cork/rubber gasket material along side the ball as a friction pad.
I'd think that the shell has to come apart to allow the original
assembly so that taking it apart to add the friction pad shouldn't be so
difficult.

I don't think Jack will be successful in building up the ball with
solder. Aluminum and solder tend to not get along...

Might be that there was a friction pad originally and its what has worn.
I have tractor throttle linkages that are that way but they are both
replaceable and adjustable.

Since there are similar style lights still being used in cars, trucks,
and aircraft, there ought to be replacement units available. Look at a
complete light from the back and there just might be a maker and part
number in the casting.

Gerald J.