[VAC] Reading Lights

Hi Gang

We have a '67 Safari, and for the past several years I've just put up with
reading lights with broken ball and socket joints.  The problem is that the
ball won't stay in the socket, it just falls out the end the first time you
try to adjust the angle.

Last night I decided I was smarter now, than I was a few years ago, so I took
them apart again hoping to fix the joints.  Guess what?   I'm no smarter!

Does anyone know how to fix these things?  Am I missing a retaining clip
perhaps?

Thanks  Jack
Klamath Falls, OR