[VAC] Request for info about replacement air conditioner

Lister's,

    When I brought my new old purchase home, the first thing I did was
try out the Air Conditioner, it worked after sitting for 6 years . . . .
for about 10 min.'s, and then just started blowing air.  I haven't found
anyone even remotely willing to work on the thing while it's installed
in the A/S, but I did find a couple of places that would look at it if I
removed it and brought it in. Since I figure any kind of work that might
need to be done is going to cost a minimum or $200, I started pondering
a newer unit.

    I'm considering purchasing a replacement roof top air
conditioner/Heat pump (http://buy.airv.com/products.cfm?item=101) and
would like to know if anyone has any experience with installing a new
air conditioner in an older airstream. My old rooftop air conditioner is
rated at 10 Amp's (or so says the user manual) but this newer version is
rated at 15.6 (Full load heating) and 13.5 (full load cooling).
Question, should I also be considering rewiring because of the higher
amperage or could the existing wiring handle the higher load.

    I still have not found out if there is an A/S adapter for the roof
opening, can these be had at other third party locations, anyone have
any notions or other ideas'

bobb

--

Bob Basques