Re: [VAC] Please help A.S.A.P.!!!

Hello Jeff & Angie,

Be careful about the "soft floor".  My wife found a '68 Safari last year
which she bought for me under the condition that I wouldn't make it another
project.   Well, I couldn't find anyone within 100 miles who wanted to work
on an old Airstream, although I found plenty of people eager to do so at
that distance and significant expense.

Now in the middle of my latest, "I swear honey, I'm only going to fix the
floor and we'll contract the rest out" promise, I have to tell you that a
soft floor is no little project.  However, given what I've read and seen on
this site, I can tell you that the problems I've uncovered are about 1/2
what some have experienced and the information I've obtained has been all
I've needed thus far.  So, while I'm grateful for the situation I'm facing,
for yourself, I'd assume that a soft floor could easily mean frame damage
and significant repair work.  I will tell you right now, without hesitation,
that the wood at the soft spot is not o.k.  PERIOD!!

As far as the price, I believe from what others have said, including those
responding to your inquiry, that $2,800 is a good price.   (I'd tell you
what my wife got ours for, but you'd think she wore a mask and carried a
gun.)  Good luck and, if possible, try to find someone you trust who is
willing to tear into and repair that floor.  If you're anything like me,
you'll be on the road a great deal faster that way.

RAH
'68 Safari