Re: [VAC] nother request for ID# info

Alicia, you Pacer people are going to give me fits. 8^D  Your number
looks to be pre 1959.  A 17ft Pacer was introduced in 1958, but the
official records do not indicate a series number.  Officially in 1959,
the new numbering sequence started and the lay out was ;
[length in feet] [ T, S, or SS] [sequence #]

In your case, it could be a 1959, or a 1960 because it has SS0, the 0
possibly indicating 60.  If it doesn't have the elaborate 3 color
nameplate with Wally's likeness and the pilot wheel, that may be another
indication it is a 1958, or 59.   Other Pacer owners will chime in , I'm
sure, and we may be able to build a case.  Sometimes the early models,
made at or just after a transition year, are hardest to identify.  Yours
could be the standard mistake, made in 58, or 59, then sold in 60 and
registered as a 60.   I'm waiting for other Pacer owners to come to the
rescue.

Bill Scott
61 Bambi