Re: [VAC] Black tank removal steps....'68 Safari

Hi Jere,
    My '70 has a slide on adapter, made by Thetford that mounts on the
Thetford gate valve. This adapter mounts on the"stub" of the valve, is
sealed internally by an "O' ring and has an elbow molded in. In my
application, looking at the rear of the coach,the adapter is mounted at 9
o'clock and the gray water line extends vertically until it meets a tee
which ties to the vent line and then turns right (curbside) and joins up in
the rest of the drain lines in the curbside rear corner.
    Since most new coaches have gray water tanks, finding one of these
fittings MAY be a problem. Thetford made 'em, but they may no longer have
any. I tried to get one at Camping World and all I got was a blank stare for
my trouble(I'll live with the tiny crack that may dribble 1 drop/hour).
    If you can't find one, I have a friend who used to be An A/S dealer and
repairs/restores them now who has a few of just about anything stashed away.
Just contact me off list and I'll check with him (he's on his way back from
Bismark right about now).
                                                    Walt
S. W. Sandy
WBCCI # 4159 & VAC