Re: [VAC] Cutting aluminum

Gerald J.,

    I had thought about using my "RotoZip", "SpiralCut" saw for the Aluminum
sheeting. It works kinda like a router but its a lot lighter and easier to
work with. I may still try it.  I've since decided to try and rebuild the
old Vent covers first. I took the the one I have out apart today, you're
right about that dremel taking forever, but it did get the job done. I used
the cut off disc to remove the tops of the rivets. There was plenty of room
to work with the thickness of the old plastic there to insulate the cover
from the evil cutting action.

    Quick question here, what was the material used to originally caulk the
plastic sheet with, the old stuff was still pliable after all these years,
it had the consistency of plumber's putty, only slightly stickier. It cam
off pretty well, except where it had been exposed to direct UV. It turns
rock hard in these areas and kinda chipped off. Any ideas on caulking
material to use between the aluminum and lexan would be appreciated.

Thanks

bobb