Re: [VAC] Vents, should I go with the skylight effect or justputthe replacement cover on.

Terry,

    I don't know why a good piece of 1/4" thick Lexan wouldn't do the
trick. It's the material of choice for all the Windshields that I've had
on my motorcycles. There's even some new stuff that honda is using
that's even tougher than lexan. I've been whacked by a piece of firewood
on the windshield without it breaking, not to mention the occasional
rock here and there.

    By the by, I think that a tree branch or something really big fell
on the particular vent that I'm working on, or else one hellascious hail
stone. It's dented along two edges about 1/2" in from the top.

    While I've been trying to talk myself into the long way round, I
came up with one good point, I don't yet own an air sheet metal nibbler.
Any reason to buy a new tool, right?

    I did visit Lindeen.com, by the way. I'm just not to the point of
giving up on what's here yet.

bobb