Re: [VAC] Literature & manual for archive

Sarah:

   Thank you for offering to send the Archives a copy of the 1965 Airstream
Manual, but we already have an original 1965 Manual and a few copies, so
don't need another.

    The only 1962 Airstream Manual we have is for the small 16' Bambi.  We
also have a few pages of maintenance instructions for appliances, etc., that
came with a 1962 trailer, but we do not have any Manual for a larger 1962 or
earlier trailer.

    There is very little material from the late 1950s and early 1960s in the
Archives, so I cannot compare schematics of 1958, 1962 and 1965 to see if
there were any major changes during those years.  I am not personally
familiar with the trailers from those years (58 to 65), so have no sense of
how much (or quickly) they changed from one year to the next.   As a pure
guess, I;d say the drawn in 1958 and printed in 1962 schematic found in your
1965 trailer can be used as a guide, but not gospel.
I have nothing specific to a 1962 24' Tradewind.

    I imagine, but do not know, that the trailer wiring for exterior lights,
taillights and side marker lights, would be the same for all model trailers
in any given year, but suspect the wiring to the interior appliances would
vary with different interior layouts.
Do you have a specific question on your 1962?  65???  trailer?

    We would greatly appreciate photocopies of any sales literature from 1958
to 1962.  We do have an undated but believed to be 1959 full line catalog
(showing 18' Caravel, 22' Safari, 22' Falcon, 24' Trade Wind, 26' Overlander
and 28' Ambassador)  and a 1962 catalog for the Bambi.  Any 58-62 sales
literature other than those would be warmly received and greatly appreciated
by the Archives.   Thanks!

Best regards,

Fred Coldwell
VAC Archive Historian