[VAC] No ribs in '62 domes?

I cut out the molded in medicine cabinet and light fixture bump-out in the rear dome of my '62 Globe Trotter, and was surprised to see that there apparently are no ribs between inner and outer skins. (Inner is one-piece fiberglass ... I needed the headroom for the shower and plan to patch with 3 segment aluminum riveted to the fiberglass.) I would have thought that tying those two layers together more consistently (other than at the top of the window and at the rear vent) would have provided more strength and rigidity to the rear of these units. I've noticed that my rear dome shows evidence of a slight amount of rear sag - the seam where it joins the aluminum ceiling panels at the rear of the rear vent show an offset of almost 1/8". Many loose rivets, so I'm replacing them.

I was also surprised to see that the inner aluminum ceiling skin is not riveted to the first rib down from the top (running front to back), on which the exterior skin seam lays. It IS riveted from the outside. Is this an intentional engineering technique to allow more flexibility?

Thanks for any input.

Bob Harper
'62 Globe Trotter in SC