[VAC] Update subject lines PLEASE!

As self-appointed spokesman for those weary of scanning e-mails from the group to see what the subject REALLY is, please: would everyone get in the habit of updating the subject line in their postings instead of just hitting the "Reply to Sender" button.

AND - if you've used Tom Patterson's archive of our postings, and tried to find info with the subject search function provided, you've seen how important it is to do this. Postings with subjects being the "year and length" of a unit do little to indicate the topic really being discussed. If the discussion changes, or if you change it yourself, please indicate this by updating your subject line. Think of it this way: if you were searching for the information you're about to provide, what keywords would you enter in a search to find it? Make those words your new subject.

Example: Instead of  calling the subject "'62 Globe Trotter", maybe it should be "windows, '62 Globe Trotter". And if further discussion leads to, say, weatherstripping, then it could be updated to "window weatherstripping, 1962". Each of us is responsible for making this database of information useful and accessible.

Please: other members of the group who share my feelings and frustrations with excessive and poorly titled e-mails, hit that respond button and let it be known. I could make better use of my time, and I think others feel the same way. We can still have fun. But let's be more clear.

Thank you. And thanks to all of you who post information for the group.

Bob Harper
'62 Globe Trotter in SC
Now stepping down as spokesperson and returning to "the project which would not end".