[VAC] And the Parts list begins

Airstreamer's,

    What I've checked out so far:

  • The awnings all work, all four of the ZipDee's. The main Awning needs the lower adjustable legs sections though, looks like someone didn't know how to open it correctly (I didn't either, but I didn't bend anything trying) and bent both the lower legs. I think that I can straighten them though. I'm not talking about the factory bend that it supposed to be there.
  • The Air conditioner still works, and even blows cold (not cool) air.
  • Most of the bulbs inside are out of commission, so I'll need to get new ones before testing things.
  • Looks like a new Water heater has been installed, don't have LP yet though.
  • I did notice that I've got the thermal pane windows, supposedly this thing will hold its own down to -10 degrees.

  •     A few  items that I'm looking for information about.

        I noticed that I've got some air vent covers, the ones up on the roof, that have an opaque looking plastic that has fractured and broken apart on all of them. When I picked up my used trailer there were three new all aluminum vent covers that came with it.  I would however like to retain the skylight effect with the vents just as they are. Should I be trying to fix the old ones, or modify the new ones for this purpose.

        Related to the first question, what's the best way to work on the roofs of these things with out buckling in the roof? Anyone ever thought about putting some (permanent) walk ways up on both sides ala a tanker trailer that could be mounted level for walking (and maybe even mounting) on the roof.

        I've been fiddling with things some in the trailer, like the dishwasher thingy (can't remember the name right now) with the automatic soap dispenser. Well I took the cover off to see inside of the hopper that holds the soap and noticed some cracks in the plastic, well I touched it and it just about crumpled into my fingers the plastic was so deteriorated. Can these soap reservoir's be replaced?

        Where would one look for a new doorbell button?

        There is a clear rock shield (the only thing I can think to call it) over the front windows. Is this a stock item, stock option, or third party item?

        Are the Aluminum Wheel center hub caps hard to find? All of mine are bent and on is corroded enough that it just flops around in the wheel, I imagine that it will just go flying sooner or later.

        Should I be thinking about refurbishing the interior or just gutting it. What would be better for retaining value? The interior is very complete. I even got the two folding cane back chairs that came with the trailer. I forgot the crystal chandelier in the sellers garage though.

        Enough. for tonight

    bobb

    --

    '73 Excella 500, 31'