Re: [VAC] towing weights

I towed with a (heavy duty) half-ton PU for years and had no problems.  The PU had a four-
speed tranny with a stump-pulling first gear.  Having said that, the 3/4 ton F-250 (ElFordo)
with the 460, T-6, GVOD and 4:11 I now tow with is a much more enjoyable rig with the same
(27' about 5,000lb) Overlander.

Much depends on where you intend to go, how fast you want to get there and how many
toys you want to take with you.  I would consider the rig you describe to be capable
enough--but there are places here in the mountain west where you'll be going uphill
perhaps more slowly than you'd rather.  It'll be safe enough if you have a competant
hitch.

I have misgivings about that 23' and 5,800 lbs, BTW.  Maybe, but the weight sounds a bit
high.

Clark L. Messex
27' 70
WA7GGV