Re: [VAC] Popping out small dent in a/s

Hi Dana Kelley (jckelley@flex.net),

Dana, as long as your feel that way, hang on to
it. Your Airstream has sentimental value to you.
Isn't that's worth something; like a whole lot?

All of us face what you are describing. We have
more than one Airstream and granted, we can't
use all of them simultaneously, but so what?
What we can do is use each of them whenever
we start longing for the unique experiences
only they can provide.

In NY, there are rustic, forest campgrounds
we enjoy very much, where every campsite has
its own private lakefront beach. Our 22' slips
in there with ease, but neither of our larger
Airstreams would fit.

In a previous life, our two week vacation was
the only time we could go there. Our Safari
knows which campsite is her favorite one. Now
that we have more time for vacations and larger
Airstreams, does that mean we should forfeit
our favorite two week vacation spots? And
discard the Airstream that is still a key part
of refreshing those sentimental experiences
each year? We think not. Our '67 22' is a keeper.

So when do we get rid of an Airstream? That's a
good question. We can store many in our back
yard and no one driving by would notice more
than one of them. Space isn't a factor. What is?

For us, selling is like saying goodbye to a
dear friend. It's very difficult to do.

It would be very easy to do if our bubble had
been burst and our enthusiasm for a particular
Airstream had evaporated. That could occur if
we suddenly realized we were in over our head
with problems to solve.

As soon as that realization occurred, I'm
sure we'd be looking to peddle it quickly
and go on to something else - all the wiser
for lessons learned the hard way.

What's my point? Keep the keeper, love it,
live with it and enjoy it while you can.
The problem with drooling is you have to
clean up after yourself instead of savoring
the joys and satisfactions of what you have.

Terry