[VAC] redecorating redeux

Cee,
  hope you didn't mind me sharing your letter with the group...

>>>Could you tell me how you plan on redecorating?  I read something this
evening but there's so much I couldn't find it again.  We've just acquired a
'56 Land Yacht that's almost totally trashed and the whole front is just
empty.  It's 24ft. and has a twin bed across from the galley and a rear bath.
 We just have no idea about where to start to get ideas for redecorating so
your's would help.  Thanks loads, Cee in Oregon

Well, I can give it to you as it fleshes out...not doing the safari
theme...didn't feel quite right but I still wanted the real old time "theme".
Wanted the illusion of camping in the way of the great explorers but the
comfort of today. Went on a bit of a diatribe on the threads earlier about
"America", and got a response from my "wonder woman" lamenting how it
was too bad that Airstreams weren't wagon trains...EUREKA, it hit me like a
ton of bricks...do a period decoration of westward expansion...NOT the wild
wild west of the late 1860s and beyond (too overdone,too cheesy, too
Hollywood) but the real westward expansion of the 1820s-early 1860s. Where
the old world met new, where adventure was still a daily thing, where hope
for a better tommorrow rode westward in WAGON TRAINS! At last a consice,
doable direction for redecoration. It will incorporate all the things I love,
old and new.

Canvas
Flame (ok, propane stove/lamp/lantern)
Leather
Burlap
Stone (faux, on the countertops)
Water (in the real rock fountain)
Dutch Ovens
Down pillows/comforters
Wool blankets
Lots and lots of "earth tone" coloring
Beadwork and feathers and leather (Sunshine is an AMAZING microbead artist)
Wood (sure couldn't do THIS with SOB!)
AMERICA...because without her there would have no westward expansion

oh, this is gonna be fun...

and, like I mentioned to Gerald J. earlier, I can use almost all of it from
stuff I already have.

Now, if any of you have any ideas I can incorporate, so much the
better...might be able to have it for next years gathering of the faithful.

Ralph