Re: [VAC] Dielectric grease

Now all we have to do is find some. My internet research has indicated
that the 2 ounce tube was on sale somewhere in February for $2.46.
That's Trucklite catalog number 97944.
In an 8 ounce can its 97930, a quart can is 97943 and a 14 ounce grease
gun cartridge is 97948.

According to the Trucklite catalog it crosses to Grote #99580 and
Dominion 779163. There should be a Ford part number for a similar
product that was used in my 86 F-150 and my 1998 F-150.

I think I'd prefer a soft brass round brush to the steel wool. It won't
leave as many metal parts behind to short. A small steel round brush may
not leave any light socket parts behind.

The parts of a bayonet lamp socket that need most of the attention are
the contact buttons in the bottom (and the lamp bases) and the hooked
point on the bayonet slots with the bayonet pins on the lamps because
that's where the shell contact pressure is greatest and were contact
will be the best.

Gerald J.