[VAC] Newbie Alert!!

Hi all,

    Potential owner of a Airstream here.

    I'm in Minnesota/Wisconsin (Live in WI, Work in MN).  I'm interested in
purchasing a used Airstream Trailer locally and
would like to know what things I should look for in a used airstream. I've never
even thought about an Airstream before, but I think that this particular trailer
is in excellent shape (you can tell me I'm wrong of course) for the price, which
thier asking $3000

    The particuler one that I'm looking at is a '73 Excella 500 (30' or 31' I
think). Overall it seems in good condition. It has been sitting for 6 or 7 years
and there is a leak that has started in the forward area over the couch that
seems to be originating from the Skylight seal. There also is a mysterious
buckling of the siding on the left side just behind the axles, there is no
kinking of the metal yet, but it's not on the other side. Could this be a
symptom of frame bowing/arching, is there a delamination prolem with the skin to
frame that I should worry about? I took a look under the trailer and sighted
down what I thought might be the frame rails, and didn't notice anything out of
whack (is there some other trick that could be used?).

    I would also appreciate any pointers to available options on this particuler
model. I have found out that it was one of the top line models for its time.
Should I expect that there is not a grey water tank in this particuler trailer.
I've come across statements to this effect elsewhere about the grey water tanks
not being introduced until '74 or there about's.

    I plan on using this trailer and I don't want to buy something that will
cost a whole heck of a lot to get back on the road.  There a the normal things
to take care of naturally like, all the tires need replacing.

    I'll stop here for now, and see If I've run on too long as it is.

Thanks

bobb