[VAC] Excella-Vac Brakes--Help me understand this

We're looking to buy a 1977 Excella which has the vacuum disk brakes. Can
anyone help me answer a couple of questions?

1. What type of brake controller would I need and how does it tie into the
vehicle's braking system. (I've got a 2000 F350 Powerstroke diesel)

2. In your considered opinions...should I scrap the disk brakes and replace
with electric?

I've read as many posts as I can find on this. I found out that the parts
are no longer made. This system seems to be running well for the current
owner. He has offered to give me the aux. vacuum pump from his Ford 6.9
diesel van.

Thanks,

Dallas Peak, MD
'72 Sovereign