Re: [VAC] greetings

I often wonder how anyone can live full time in a little bity A.S. trailerMy
24 ft Silver Albatross could not hold my library to say nothing of my
personal possesions. Just taking a long trip in it can be a royal pain in the
lower part of my torso. It has taken a full size woodworking shop jest to do
the necessary interior maintaince to keep it looking half way decent inside I
have spent some time replaceing the plumingto the kitchen sink which broke on
our last trip(tubes sweated to the fawcet) I had to teare out the cabnet top
to get at it .I was dismaied at the horrable workmanship in the cabnet. had
to fabricate a new fiberglassand epoxy interior for it.While I was at it I
hah to make a new top and stove crover the 1960s formaca looked like hell so
I chose rosewood for the top.It will be done shortly I re inspected the floor
and found a couple of imperfections so it will be necessary to re glass it.
Next it will be necessary to replace the terrable overhead compartment doors
with raised pannel walnut doors and to scribe the frames to the contour of
the trailer .
If I were a full timer I could not possably do any of this work. I dont think
any othis work will add any value to the Silver Albatross.I keep seeing where
people on this list are buying similar vintage trailers for less than I paid
for this one. I dont know what I will do when I finish it. I can travel a lot
cheeper and with less work with out it.
Jim Smith