Re: [VAC] Floors and Countertops

>I'm looking at cork for the floor.

>Any comments?

Glad to see someone else is interested in this. It is, indeed, light and
flexible. It is also  cushioning, sound absorbent, a thermal insulator,
durable, and esthetically appropriate to our vintage trailers. We've been
planning for some time on installing cork flooring but have not settled
on a source. (Chief obstacle, though, has just been *time*!)

>Jade Mountain has cork flooring for $4 a square
>foot.

Thanks for the link. Also check out
http://www.naturalcork.com/Products/product.html. More different shades
and patterns than I knew existed.

>tile on their countertop? Upside? Downside?

No experience in this application, but I'd wonder about weight and joint
cracking. You could of course pretty well avoid the latter by using a
sufficiently sturdy substrate (3/4" ply + cement board?), but then you
really have a weight issue. I'm wondering about the thinnest Corian
(Avonite, whatever), which means 1/4", reinforced at intervals w/Al
channels applied w/ adhesive (Gorilla Glue?).

Rob