[VAC] Serial Number

I was told that the first 0 in the serial number J0306576 meant that our Airstream was an Overlander - sort of an economy model. The manual for 1966 Airstream trailers lists the Overlander as having a different length than ours.  The plate by the door of our trailer says "Sovereign" which matches the length and floorplan in the manual.  If ours is a cheap model, which model is considered upscale?

One other question.  The roof of our trailer is painted white covering the big numbers at the front and back.  The paint is flaking off.  Any suggestions for removing it?  Should we paint over it?  I've never seen an Airstream with a painted top.

Alice Ammen