[VAC] Not so surprising find

Hi All,
    Just finishing up replacing the bath area floor in my 1970, 27' Overlander. After reading all the horror stories I was a bit apprehensive about tearing into this project. I had noticed some floor rot and thought I was looking at the dreaded frame/shell separation demons. After removing the interior "bits", similar to a reverse jigsaw puzzle only with rivets, I was pleasantly surprised that:
  1. The floor rot was not as extensive as I had feared, only the extreme rear portion and a smaller area near the toilet, probably from a plumbing leak.
  2. The pan that holds the blackwater tank was partially rotted as were the 1" angles that held it, that is being fabbed as we speak.
  3. Other than some surface rust at the extreme rear, where the frame and shell cross paths, the original factory primer was plainly visible!
  4. The fiberglass insulation forward (as far as I could see) was still in good shape, still stapled in place and with breathing room between it and the belly pan.
    What I'm getting at is, 30 + years after manufacture, and the underpinnings are virtually pristine . That is to me amazing and a tribute to Wally and his workers. Not many SOBS can even come close to this benchmark.
    Well, gotta run, have to finish installing the floor. Then fire up the compressor, grab my air rivet gun and solve the jigsaw puzzle.
                                                        Walt Sandy
S. W. Sandy
WBCCI # 4159 & VAC
Region 2 VAC Representative