[VAC] Awning Problem

Hello All - Yesterday I discovered a "problem" with my
Carefree Awning. It is not actually with the awning,
but with the support arm mounts. The upper mount on
the rear was "loose", so I started to tighten it and
found that neither of the attachments (lag screws?)
were finding any material to tighten to. They were
just pushed into oversized holes!

The lower mounts on the front are also showing some
problems. They pull the small "beltline trim" away
from the body when the awning is extended. The bolts
appear to be into the floor, but are not picking up
all of the load.

Any suggestions on how to fix rapidly? (We close
escrow on the sale of the house on Friday and are
leaving town in "Willie" right after that. I've been
so busy moving that I haven't paid enough attention to
the A/S. I was thinking about some type of hollow wall
anchor for the upper mount, maybe with a "doubler
plate riveted on for a thicker skin. The lower mount
needs more study, but a longer screw might be enough
there.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Doug Robinson
'75 Tradewind, WBCCI #1809, VAC