[VAC] '63 Sovereign

    Hi,
    My name is Phyllis and I'm new to the list.
    Last week my husband and I nearly bought a '75 Excella 500, but decided
to keep looking for an Airstream trailer manufactured in the 60s.  Two days
ago my copy of "Airstream, the History of the Land Yacht" arrived, and my
ideal floorplan is on page 93.  It's of a '63 Sovereign with a double bed and
a desk.
    I'm wondering whether Airstream might have offered Sovereigns with the
same floorplan all through the 1960-68 era, or did plans change dramatically
each year?  And how heavy is a Sovereign?  Also, how are they regarded by
those of you with a lot of knowledge and experience?  Have I fallen for the
one model that a vintage aficionado wouldn't touch?
    Someone mentioned tail droop today.  I've read Don Reasons' article where
he mentions sagging rears during the Beatrice Foods years, and I have noticed
that many of the longer vintage units had their axles placed much closer to
the center of the chassis than today's engineers would allow.  So I have to
ask if 60s Sovereigns are known for their tail droop?  Any comments on 60s
Sovereigns, before I get serious about finding one, would be appreciated.
    Thanks, Phyllis
    PS:  We are planning to fulltime, and I don't think I could get my
husband to accept anything shorter than 30'.