RE: [VAC] Info Wanted

Hi Gerald,

Thought your name sounded familar.  I see your postings on the Collins
reflector and one of the boatanchor reflectors.    Interesting we run into
each other on the Airstream reflector of all places.

Thanks for the information on your Caravel.  I didn't know if they had a
dinette in front or not.   Is that a 17' or 18' ?    Does the manual give
the dry weight of your Caravel?  I've heard that the older Airstreams weigh
quite a bit less than the new ones.  The new 19' Bambi weighs 3500 some
pounds.

Hammock?  Hmm, thats a new one for me.  Where would the hammock be strung?

I am looking for an Airstream that will be comfortable for two adults and a
small child for weekend camping.  I don't want to buy a new tow vehicle so
that is one reason I am looking on the small Airstream end.

Yes I will check with the Jeep manual to see what they recommend for towing.
I currently tow about 2500 lbs worth of speedboat and trailer, once in the
spring to get it out of storage, once in the fall to put it back in storage.
It tows ok, but the trailer doesn't have electric brakes and I sure wouldn't
want to haul it that far without better braking.

What do you tow the Caravel with?
Do you travel with it or is it parked in an RV park?

How do you like the Caravel and could you recommend it.  If you have any
electronic pictures of it, I'd sure like to see the Caravel inside or out.

Sorry for the barrage of questions but when opportunity knocks....

Thanks very much for your information and help.   By the way, I am a CCA
member, and on several BA lists also.  I have some Collins stuff, S-line,
Gold dust twins, KWM-2A/30L1, and then the rest of the BA stuff.  I have a
small website at http://www.qsl.net/wa9wfa if your interested.  I have a few
pieces of equipment on there.

73,

Scott WA9WFA in Saint Paul Minn