Re: [VAC] Park model? NOT!

Wild Bill (AKA KarnaK) Scott,
And everybody else,
There are a great many trailers that seem to have been sold as the year
after they were made.  This might have been a common dealer practice and
sales fudge.  However, the package of materials that Wayne Moore is
digitizing and copying for me so we can get copies to the Archives,
shows a fall and spring date each year (I forget the months) when
Airstream sent out information with new model names, fleet updates and
option updates.  I seem to remember March and November.  The point is
that the November update of say 1955, could be sold as 1956 easily.
Cars come out in the late summer, early fall of the previous year but
just one time a year.  Perhaps the mid-fifties was such a boom time for
Airstream that they were selling everything they produced twice a year.
Whatever the reason, the model date is quite often one year earlier than
the date on the registration on trailers I've owned and on trailers I've
looked at to buy, not to mention the accessories that are carried over
to the next year or two after newer styles have been introduced into the
top of the line models.  All of this makes it less cut and dried and
more of a challenge, kind of fun actually as we try to pinpoint a
trailer within the parade of changing model styles and certainly the
incredible panoply of names old Wally came up with.  Bill seems to
juggle all this information better than most and I, for one, am thankful
for  the scope of his knowledge.
Tom Walden