Re: [VAC] Toilet pedal spring missing (71 Tradewind)

Marzapan:
Pack it in and install a new toilet.  Your wife will thank you,
everybody will be happier.  I installed a modern, plastic Thetford
toilet in my 1969.  It fit the old floor flange, the job was not messy,
just two bolts and a water fitting.  What is more, it looks like it was
designed for the Airstream.  Which is philosophically not far from the
truth.  In 1969, the typical RV toilet was descended from the heads
built for boats, which is a whole different set of problems.  Today we
benefit from 30 years of evolution.
                ED