Re: [VAC] Toilet pedal spring missing (71 Tradewind)

Help!
The toilet pedal spring has broken and dissappeared
somewhere.  I am somewhat handy with things around the
trailer yet I am perplexed as to how to get the toilet
shroud off short of unbolting the whole unit from the
holding tank (not pleasant I would guess).
It is the petal that pulls the plastic thingy to allow
waste into the tank.  It looks as if there was a
spring that hooked onto the pedal.
I have even used a dental mirror and flashligh in
there to discover how it works and where the spring
went, with no luck.
I believe it is a Galaxy 100 toilet or something like
that.
To put it in more personal terms:

Help ! My wife wont step foot in it until the toilet
issues are resolved.
If anyone has a clue as to what is the best way to
service this other than handing it over to the
Dealership, let me know,

thanks,
Roy
('71 Tradewind)