Re: [VAC] Rotten rear end.

I have almost decided to make renovating my ROTTEN REAREND my millennium project thanks to the encouraging comments from listers.

Jim. I still have the cover of my Bowen. Was the original aluminum? This one is very rusty looking.

Kathy. To remove my shower pan, I had to demolish the asphalt tile covered plywood under the pan to get the gooseneck along with it. There may have been one spot where it was pinned to the wall. The plywood came out in sheets like tearing pages out of a book, except they were pretty much splinters.
Bob.I'll be working forward from the bathroom compartment. Next on the right side looking forward is the vanity sink with three drawers under. Across the hall is the galley sink with a bulkhead separating it from the bombed out area of the boo-hole and water heater. Your advice about removing the belly pan seems very, very sound. Like hope for the best and expect the worst.
Scott. I thought 10 gals because it would fit the existing space and opening.  Maybe the 6 gal size is the same. I'll check.
Roy. Your pics are frightening in a way by heartening too.  Great pictures on that web site.