Re: Re: [VAC] Expanding foam sealant

Before anyone gets carried away with Great Stuff foam or any other expanding
foam and blows out their Bubble, let me clarify that my intention for this
product is to fill and seal the gaps between the plywood floor edge and the
belly pan, from the bottom. I would NEVER consider filling the walls of an
Airstream with this stuff. It expands a LOT, and it will DEFINITELY put
bulges in wall cavities if used there. I am really using it more as a caulk
to get into places not easily reached. I'm sticking with the fiberglass
batting in walls.
Jay, if you've got access to the entire panel (open), why don't you cut
solid foam sheeting to fit? I personally would not, because I think you'll
find that a double skin of aluminum with something fairly rigid inside (even
expanded foam) will not be nearly as forgiving about being bumped and poked
and banged. It will not "give" as easily from the outside. It will dent more
easily having lost it's ability to flex into the cavity behind it. Be
careful. You might consider a combo of thin foam sheet and fiberglass bats
to bump up your R values ... maybe. Another blanket might be easier.

Bob Harper
'62 Globetrotter in SC