Re: [VAC] Emergency Use Cell Phone

Ray,
I've heard Sprint has something like you only have to pay for what you use.
Also, the bag phone is the only way to go if you really want to make sure
you can get out to make a call.  We have 2 of the new digital/analog phones,
I think are .4(four tenths of a watt). The bag phones are 4 watts (four full
watts.) A lot stronger and signals stronger.  My husband used to travel all
over the country and he had the bag. The other little new thing (Nokia) that
you carry around in your pocket is very weak. Oh their great if you just
stay in your service area (of about 200 miles or so) But if you go off like
we do, you could buy the hands off package about $225 installed(something
like that) from these places like GTE or any other place that sells the
little cell phones. It's a system that's wired into your car and you just
put your little phone in the holder and your reception is much greater.  You
can also hand carry the phone, but you don't have that extra power when you
take it out of the holder. Talk to these places that sell the phones to see
if you can only buy the minutes.  They might even sell the used bag phones.
I know Radio Shack has something that you just buy the minutes you need, and
I think it's Sprint.
DSK in TEXAS