Re: [VAC] Emergency Use Cell Phone

I'm so glad to hear you folds talking about cell phones because I have never
had one before.  At a garage sale a couple weeks ago I bought a kit of two
motorolas made in'98 for $5.  One looks different that the other it has a
small led screen  but they came with a 12v charger and a 120v charger along
with an extra battery.  The only thing I see that shows a possible model #
is MicroTAK/650.  It came with a huge and confusing owners manual.  I know
we're only supposed to talk about AS's on this list but if I am talking
about ways to make Airstreaming safer and more pleasurable, I'm not going to
worry about being out of line. If anyone of you has experience with this
model please contact me at my e-mail address.  They're thicker than a pocket
phone and I wonder if they my have a range farther than the 200 mile  one
that was mentioned on this list. As a lady traveling alone I think I really
need to have a cell phone for safety, maybe a good base ball hat and as
Hunter says a large pair of mens boots outside the front door woudn't hurt
either!
Vanessa
The Trailer Lady
'56 Overlander