Re: [VAC] Avion Travelcade Club Travel Fifth Wheel Fleetwood Trailer RV

Bill,
 After a season of use with our G.T., we have a few ideas on what we'd
like in the 'next' trailer.

1. We're still quite happy with the decision to go with a TT rather than
a "Fiver" or a Motor Home.

2. We want a gray water tank for the places where we can't let it run
onto the ground.

3. Tandem axles would be nice for the smoother ride.

4. A bit more room would be nice, for the extended trips we're planning
for next year.

5. We like the A/S style of all-aluminum for its looks and durability.

Twenty-five feet seems like a nice size, roomy, yet not so huge as to be
hard to tow and maneuver.

While driving around yesterday, I spotted a 25' Avion, 1973, center
twins w/ rear bath. It seems to be in excellent condtion, and the owner
claims that everything has been checked out by an RV mechanic and works
OK. Hitch and weight bars are included, and the price seems 'fair
enough' at $4500.00. Not cheap, but if it's as good as it looks, it's
worth it. It looks easy enough to remove the front couch and build a
dinette similar to what I did in our G.T., only one that will seat 4

First impressions were good, it does seem much more substantial than an
A/S, particularly in the area of the frame. That's something that does
NOT impress me with the A/Ss, quite frankly. Naturally, that will add to
the weight, something that can't be helped. Knowing what I do now, I'll
check out all systems, just to verify the owner's claims. He has never
actually used the trailer; he bought it with certain plans in mind and
those plans changed.

Worst part of course is leaving this community. We've been active in our
local WBCCI Unit and have very much enjoyed the association with them,
the group here, and the one Vintage rally that we were able to attend.

That's my take on it, and we can continue the discussion off-list if you
care to, it's off-topic here.

Thanks!!                                   Jim