Re: [VAC] Where is the extra weight?

John, the black water tank came factory installed. It's not much bigger than one of the blue
suitcase size totes. There is a factory provided sheet describing how to dig a gopher hole for black
water disposal. Back in the 60s, we used that procedure when field camping at all the big national
conventions. This was before travel trailers began to get really really popular, before  campgrounds
became a thriving business and before violations of ordinary sanitation common sense became
intolerable in certain parts of the country.

From what I've been told, the Flying Cloud was aimed at the upscale market of wealthy people who
wanted more amenities and could pay the price. It's obvious this Flying Cloud was better equipped
than others built in the same time period.

By today's standards, it's a primitive but highly functional and attractive Airstream.

Glad you found my previous reply useful,

Terry