Re: [VAC] Short in Right Turn Signal Line ('67 Caravel)

Our '65 Caravel is probably close to the '67.  When I had all the belly
skins off, I noticed the wire harness for the rear lights runs through
the curb side A frame box channel to an access panel just aft of the
tongue.  From there it runs back along that RH ladder frame "C" channel
and then goes up into the back through the floor between the two skin panels.

Best bet is to open the splice plate and ring out the wires forward to
the plug.  Check for shorts to ground and to each other.  If that
harness is bad, you can snake another through the box channel like
someone did on mine, or run it externally to the front.

If the front run is OK, then you have your work cut out for you.   You
were hankering to drop the belly and fix all sorts of stuff, weren't
you?   The best thing would be to drop the aft panel first - it would
expose the most amount of wiring, and is the easiest to remove.

Best of Luck,
RJ & Krista