Re: [VAC] Slowing down (was Rand Mcnally Camp guide)

I'm catching up on VAC messages from my 10 day trip to MT.  Maybe I
should try going from most recent backwards!

Sherry, I'm with you.  Returning to the Portland, OR area, the freeway
is an obvious choice.  I used it going East because I had a time
restraint, but on the return I chose a secondary road north of the
freeway going West from Spokane.  What a delight... wide-shouldered,
well-paved road, mostly smooth.
	My only complaint is that of a neophyte -- when a big rig rolled by,
probably going 70 or more, my foldable left outside mirror slammed
"shut" against the driver's door with a loud bang.  Even phlegmatic Huff
startled a "Wow"!
	This had never happened to me before, but then I usually don't travel
w/a "trailer-mirror" strapped onto my regular outside mirror.
	After that, when I saw a big rig obviously barreling along, I used that
right shoulder to avoid the collapsing mirror again.
	One other advantage of blue roads, in the middle of "nowhere" -- easy
to pull over for a quiet lunch.  Perhaps 2 dozen cars/trucks passed by
while I enjoyed an hour leasurely lunch.

Huff