Re: [VAC] Short in Right Turn/Brake Signal

I am happy to report that "access panel" just aft of the right A-frame
tongue does exist.  About 4" square, easy access -- but AStream itself
was stingy with length of their wiring from the cable... so stingy, that
I can hardly get to any of the cable end (about 2" leeway, tight at
that).
The other end (trailer end) is quite generous -- 6" or more of wiring
you can pull out to work on.
My Right Turn/Brake signal is the problem -- shorted out at the trailer
plug, so I had disconnected the brown wire at the plug (that solved the
fuse-blowing in my tow vehicle... but not, of course, the non-working
Rt.Rear Turn/brake signal).

Because I was unable to find the other end of the taped-over, but not
connected brown trailer wire -- I just bypassed the shorted-out brown
cable harness wire, running a new wire from the trailer plug to that
access panel.  I was proud of the protective cover I placed around the
new wire.  But when I tested that Rt.Rear Signal, nothing happened!

Huff -- puzzled in Longview.