RE: [VAC] Buying a new (old) Airstream

Hi Gary:

I believe I looked at that very trailer, located in West Lynn, and I passed
on it cause of the water exposure/damage
throughout the trailer.  It looks salvageable but the trailer needs to be
stored in a dry location and re-sealed immediately,
before further damage occurs.  Sitting in the AZ sun for 37 years, I believe,
caused much of
the sealant to dry out, bringing it to Oregon was like dunking it in water.
I'd bet the leaks are coming in around the vents
and spreading out.  But honestly, I think the price is high considering the
risks involved.  It's a nice trailer with the exception
of the leaks and the work that needs to be done in correcting the damage.
Look it over very carefully again, determine what
wood work can be repaired without being replace, what is superficial vs.
serious water damage.  In it's current condition, I wouldn't
go over $2800.00.  That's if we're talking about the same trailer.

David