Re: [VAC] Vintage couple needs encouragement

Not sure, but I don't think you have to vent a jell-cell.  They are
completely sealed. Can be mounted laying on side or even upside down.  But
the box is a good idea and venting wouldn't hurt.  It would be a good
safeguard.

Incidentally, I have been meaning to post a suggestion.  There is a wholesale
RV Supplier (Coast Distribution System) who sell to RV retailers (Including
your AS dealers).  They put out a catalog of about 800 pages of all the
products we need and use in our VAS upgrades and restorations.  They have
descriptions and dimensions of all the major appliances, awnings (not
Zip-Dee), trailer hitches, etc. Lots of pictures, parts breakdowns and retail
pricing.  If you talk nice to your local RV dealer he may give you last years
catalog to use as a reference.  They have warehouses in Portland, Oregon;
Visalia, Ca.; Salt Lake City, Utah; Fort Worth, Texas; San Antonio, Texas,
Denver, Colorado; Phoenix, Arizona, Anchorage, Alaska; Lancaster, Pa; Eau
Claire, Wisconsin; Elkhart, In.; Atlanta, Ga.; Tampa, Fl.; and Johnstown, NY.
 I am not advocating that you attempt to buy from them, just try to get one
of their catalogs.  Great information!

R. G.  (Dick) Hall
PO Box 914
Riverview, Fl. 33568

1974 - 23'  Safari W/ 1982 Chevy. 4WD Suburban Diesel
1989 - 29'  Excella W/ 1996 GMC 4 WD Suburban Diesel