[VAC] Vintage couple needs encouragement

Hi everybody, we have been silently lurking for some time now as we have
lost our motivation and momentum since trying to replace a chunk of subfloor
at the doorway. The list of to do's seems endless and impossible with our
work schedules and busy lives, and we need some sort of kick in the * to get
us going.  There is so much to do we have lost sight of the priorities, but
when I look back on the last 11 months of AS ownership, I can see plenty
that we have accomplished!
So, with the pleasant So. Cal. springtime weather, I hope to at least get a
few things done this weekend, but have put them off due to ignorance, so I
need your help!
1. I am buying a gel type deep cycle battery and moving the battery location
inside under the gaucho. After I fish the battery connection from outside
the wall to inside, and put the battery in a nice secure position, is there
more connection required, or any more I need to do?
2. I removed the old, broken tail lights, the aluminum underneath is thickly
encrusted with white stuff that I don't know how to remove.  The old wiring
colors on the light don't match the colors coming out of the trailer or the
new light wires, and I am no electrician!
I suppose that is enough for now, next weekend it's wheels and tires, and
moving it to an RV storage lot- our yuppie neighbors don't appreciate our
little gem.

Mike & Leslie
'62 Trade Wind
Ghetto on Wheels